Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Am I just doing it wrong?

I started this with doubts, and they've grown. It's been a fortnight. Two posts. E-mailed the second one (which I thought fairly attractive) to tons of people. 'Twould appear that the folks in my Address Book are as quick as I on the delete button, when they receive mass mailings.

The system reports a dozen anonymous peeks at my "profile," but the only actual comment (kindly, but brief and not very substantive) came from the person who suggested I try this avenue.

I still think folks, at least those within my family, “ought to” have a look at my life's work and tell me whether they find anything worth a second look. Or maybe silence is the kindest response... Maybe I'm just deceiving myself.

We did my mother's 100th birthday on Saturday, and it was marvelous; I'm updating her Gedenkschrift with a report.

Today, I quit procrastinating and reorganized the first few screens of my Stories site. 'Cause it seemed I'd made it unnecessarily difficult to get to the full list of topics, represented there as “ Presentations.” Now it's easier. I think. If a list falls in a forest and nobody hears it…

Maybe I'll go out into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind, and compel them to look at my stuff.

Or maybe I'll just find some other way to spend my time.

3 comments:

  1. If you are on Facebook, you can share this link with all who are also in your Facebook network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved what you've written and gathered about your mother!!! What a wonderful compilation of her life's history! Thank you so much for sharing it! It was so good to see everyone and share good times at her Birthday Party!

    ReplyDelete