Friday, June 4, 2010

Do I really want a blog?

You folks say this is a new tool that will help my work. Guess I'm willing to give it a try.

For ten years now, I've wandered about, collecting stories and images that say where my family comes from. Some of it's really exciting. To me, anyway. Others have stumbled upon my Web presence, mainly indexed at

  http://commensa.net

and some say they've enjoyed my stuff. Maybe you will, too. I've made new friends and learned of cousinly contacts already; if a blog can make those connections grow, I'll be glad.

Descendants and other kinfolk who themselves share this marvelous picture, or pieces of it, will be the most interested, I suppose.

My folks also took part in historical events and lived in places you've heard of: the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Crusades, the settlement of Massachusetts and later the West, the Mormon saga, and so forth.

If I can make my blog entries address these areas of shared interest, maybe folks will be moved to visit them, perhaps to enjoy them, and at least to tell me why they did or didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this is going to an interesting blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete